14th Century: Architecture

Cotehardie with lappets and fitchets

Never a damsel in distress, thank you very much!


Welcome, welcome miladies! I've reached the 14th century and I must say, this witch is totally exhausted. My finger hurts from all these spells.



Cathedral of Milan. Look at all those!









More on the Gothic style:

The flying buttress gave added support to the massive, heavy walls of Gothic structures. Kinda like a kickstand! I wish my broom had a kickstand...

Does this make my buttress look big?



The flying buttresses added darting movement and even MORE opportunities for grand decoration.











LET THERE BE LIGHT!
That's a lot of glass... Maybe I shouldn't sing in here.
Aunt Hilda and Aunt Zelda are going to love this
 We needed something to fill all those huge-normous windows so stained glass is EVERYWHERE!! Not only did they fill these massive churches with colorful light, but the stained glass creations were a very important art addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment